Sunday, January 9, 2011

If not now, then when?

My plan for the new year is just about set! I will be racing a lot (again), but doing more shorter races. My long-term (over the next couple years) is to be able to realistically chase after a Kona slot. To get there, let there be no doubt. I need to get FASTER. So, this year will be about intensity--getting to that "next level" of fitness; learning to push even when it hurts; learning to turn off the mind and trust the body. So, a lot of short races (oly and shorter) with a few halfs thrown in because I want to (it is my favorite distance after all). In my mind during all races, I will GO FOR IT. Here is a decent article from Active.com on doing just that.

That's all for now. I'll try to get a draft race schedule up this week, and a quick update on my 100-100-100 self-challenge. Sneak peek: it has been a challenge...

No comments: